1. On page 299, Katie’s courage has left her. How does the author demonstrate this? Use examples from the text.
2. Reread page 300. English goods were items that were made and shipped from Great Britain to the colonies. What words or phrases does the author use to illustrate how the rebels feel about English goods?
3. Which details help you to visualize what is was like inside the trunk? (Page 299-301)
4. Why did the rebels stop searching the trunk and leave the house? (Page 301)
5. Reread the last paragraph on pages 302-303. What does Katie realize about John Warren’s actions?