And Then What Happened, Paul Revere? Segment 1 Questions
1. Reread the last sentence on page 263. What does this say about Paul?
2. (P. 264) How does the word constantly illustrate/describe the pace of life in Boston at the time?
3. (P. 264) What is the purpose of the church bells in Boston at this time in history?
4. What is the author trying to illustrate by continuously saying, “and off he went, hat clapped to his head, coattails flying”?
5. Reread the first sentence on p. 266. Why was Paul busy doing all of these things?
6. (P. 267) Why does Paul sometimes make mistakes?
7. (P. 267) How does life change in Boston beginning in 1765?
8. (P. 267) Why do you think the secret club is called the “Sons of Liberty”?
9. (P. 267) Why do you think the Sons of Liberty dressed up like Indians before they dumped the tea in the harbor? What was their intent?
Due tomorrow, January 8th