Here's a look at what's going on in our classroom in upcoming weeks:
- We are beginning our new reading selection, "The Golden Lion Tamarin Comes Home". The spelling and vocabulary words have been posted to the blog and packets will be due on Friday, June 8th. Please make sure to fill them in complete!
- We are currently working on our exciting Animal Research Report. Each student has selected an animal and has been asked to seek out books at their local bookstore or library--please help them with this task so they may complete their reports successfully.
- The final, TYPED draft of the Animal Research Report will be due on Friday, June 15th
- **EXTRA CREDIT** In addition to their research paper, students may make a poster or PowerPoint to present to the class on their animal as well. This extra credit will be applied to three different content areas: Language, Reading, and Science.
- In Science, we are studying The Periodic Table of the Elements. We watched a fun video in class about the elements that you can find at the following link: Meet the Elements Video
- Each student has chosen an element/atom to do their final Science Project on. They are asked to create a model of their atom which demonstrates and labels the nucleus, protons, neutrons, and electrons in their element.
- They can do this using any materials they choose. I'll post examples soon!